1. Copyright.COPYRIGHT 2009 LAWYERS’ COMMITTEE FOR CULTURAL HERITAGE PRESERVATION, 428 Hume Ave. 2nd Floor, Alexandria, VA 22301 U.S.A. All rights reserved.Some materials on this web site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information relating to those materials. All photographs, information, materials and other content contained on this Web Site are owned by the LCCHP and/or its contributors. This Web Site contains original works of authorship that are the proprietary property of LCCHP and/or its contributors, and which are protected under U.S. and international Copyright Laws. It is prohibited to copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, alter or prepare any derivative works of any material from this Web Site, including without limitation code, software, photographs and images, without the prior express written consent of the LCCHP, or as stated on the material. If permission is given to use any material, such permission to use, copy and distribute materials delivered from this web site is hereby granted under the following conditions: (1) The above copyright notice and this permission notice must appear in all copies; (2) Any use of the materials available from this web site must be for informational purposes only and in no instance for commercial purposes; (3) No materials available from this web site can be modified in any way, and (4) No graphics available from this web site can be copied or distributed, including photographs and charts. 2. Trademarks.
Lawyers’ Committee for Cultural Heritage Preservation and its associated logo, culturalheritagelaw.org, lcchp.org, and all other names of LCCHP programs and domain names referenced herein are trademarks of LCCHP. All rights reserved to the LCCHP.
3. Information Warranty Disclaimer.All materials and related graphics provided by this website and any other materials which are referenced by or linked to this website are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. LCCHP hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to any materials provided by this website or any other materials which are referenced by or linked to this website, including but not limited to all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. LCCHP does not warrant the accuracy, quality, content, or legality of any materials provided by this website or any other materials which are referenced by or linked to this website and assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the materials provided by this website or any other materials which are referenced by or linked to this website. In no event shall LCCHP be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential damages, or for damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information contained in any materials provided by this website or in any other materials which are referenced by or linked to this website, under any theory of liability used.
4. Disclaimer of Endorsement.Any mention of a product, service, company or sole proprietor in this web site or in links to this web site shall not constitute or be construed as an endorsement of any such product, service, company or sole proprietor by the LCCHP.
5. Content Posted by Third Parties.Any party who posts information to this web site represents that it is the sole owner of all rights in materials posted by it (including all related copyrights) or that it has the absolute right to license their use as provided in this section. While the posting party will retain ownership of the copyright in the materials it posts, the posting party agrees that all of the materials it posts shall become part of a database, and that LCCHP will own the compilation copyright in that database. The posting party hereby grants LCCHP a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, and distribute its posting, any portion of such posting and any derivative works created from such posting, in print, electronic and other media, by any means now known or developed in the future. LCCHP may sublicense all of its rights and licenses or assign them to third parties. Neither LCCHP nor any third party using the posting in accordance with this section will be obligated to pay the posting party any royalties or other compensation for use of the posting. LCCHP shall have no duty to attribute authorship of the posting to the posting party. LCCHP shall not be obligated to enforce any form of attribution by third parties.
Any party who posts information to this web site agrees not to post any material which is defamatory, obscene, or a violation of any copyright or trademark, and further agrees not to represent himself or herself as someone else. LCCHP is under no obligation to monitor the information residing on or transmitted to this web site; however, any party who posts information to this web site agrees that LCCHP may take appropriate action in order to prevent the violation of the rights of LCCHP or of other parties, in order to comply with any law, regulation or other governmental request, or in order to operate this web site properly or to protect itself or others. LCCHP reserves the right to modify, reject, or eliminate any information residing on or transmitted to this web site that, in its sole discretion, it believes is unacceptable or in violation of these terms and conditions. The use, distribution, or publication of any materials posted by third parties does not constitute or imply an endorsement of such materials or of any opinions or comments in such materials. LCCHP disclaims all responsibility for any defamatory, obscene, copyright or trademark infringing material posted to this web site by any third party. LCCHP retains the right to remove any member, revoke membership in any program, listserve, blog, online chat or other interactive feature of the website and/or to prohibit any person or entity from participating in any program listserve, blog or other interactive feature of the website when necessary for the benefit of the program, in the LCCHP's sole discretion. You agree that you will, at your own expense, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the LCCHP and its affiliated and related entities, licensees, successors and assigns, employees, officers and directors, representatives, contractors and agents from all claims, losses, damages and expenses of any kind (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees and disbursements) arising out of or in connection with a breach or alleged breach by you of your obligations or warranties herein.
6. Security.The LCCHP website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, any party who posts information on the website, listserv, blog or other interactive feature of the website has no proprietary interest and no reasonable expectation of privacy while using these functions. LCCHP cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from third party postings over the internet or other global communication networks nor is LCCHP responsible for the security of the information transmitted over the internet, the accuracy of the information contained, or for the consequences of any reliance on such information.
7. Outside Links. LCCHP may in its sole discretion or other third party users through the website, listserv, blog, online chat or other interactive features of the website provide links to other internet sites for your convenience. LCCHP has not reviewed all the sites linked to this site and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any outside web pages or outside link as they are maintained by third parties. LCCHP disclaims any representation or warranties as to the accuracy or functionality of such websites/web pages or their content. These links do not imply an endorsement by LCCHP with respect to any third party, any candidate for political office identified in a third party site or any website or the products or services provided by a third party.
8. Indemnification. As a user of the website, listserv, blog, or other interactive feature of the website, you agree that you will, at your own expense, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless LCCHP and its affiliated and related entities, licensees, successors and assigns, employees, officers and directors, representatives, contractors and agents from all claims, losses, damages and expenses of any kind (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees and disbursements) arising out of or in connection with a breach or alleged breach by you of your obligations or warranties herein. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms and Conditions and your use of the site.
9. Registration and Password. In order to access and utilize certain functionality of the website, you must complete a registration process. As a registered user, you agree to provide us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account as well as any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify LCCHP immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold LCCHP harmless from any loss or damage arising from unauthorized use of your account.
LCCHP may update or make changes to the materials provided by this web site at any time without notice; however, LCCHP makes no commitment to update the information contained herein, and makes no representations or warranty concerning the accuracy of any information.
11. Use of Content.The information and materials made available on this web site are designed to provide accurate and useful information in regard to the subject matter covered. It is made available with the understanding that LCCHP is not engaged in rendering legal or other professional services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
12. Choice of Law. Any and all disputes arising from this agreement shall be governed under the laws of the District of Columbia without regard to conflict of law provisions. You hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal or state courts in the District of Columbia for the purpose of any legal action or proceeding arising out of this Agreement or relating to the website.
13. Waiver and Severability of Terms. Any failure of LCCHP to exercise or enforce any right or provisions within this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provisions of this Agreement shall be held invalid or void, or inoperative, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected and shall continue in effect and the invalid provisions shall be modified to the least degree necessary to remedy such invalidity.