What LCCHP Is Doing
• Since we first learned of S. 2212/H.R. 4086, we have been reaching out to other organizations and encouraging them to get involved.
• On April 2, 2012 we emailed, mailed, and faxed this letter to Senator Leahy and modified versions to Senator Feinstein, Senator Hatch, and all of their relevant staff.
• On April 4, 2012 we started a campaign for our members to email, call, fax, write, and tweet Senators Leahy, Feinstein, and Hatch.
• On April 18, 2012 we released a press release calling for open hearings on the bill.
• Throughout April and May 2012, we consulted numerous reporters on S. 2212, resulting in much press coverage of the bill.
• On May 21, 2012 the New York Times recognized the public campaign against S. 2212 with a major article on its implications.
• Senator Patrick Leahy was reelected on November 6, 2012 which ensures that he will continue to maintain his leadership of the Committee on the Judiciary.
In light of this development, we congratulate Senator Leahy, but continue to press his office for open hearings on S. 2212.
• GovTrack.us just announced that Sen. Charles Schumer (D–NY) is now a cosponsor of S. 2212. Please stay tuned for more updates!